Thursday, November 1, 2012

FEWDIO Horror: The Tap

And to wrap up the Fewdio reviews, I found an extra film on the Fewdio site that isn’t on Youtube. My guess is that it has to do with the nude scenes sprinkled throughout, even though the Fewdio site version blurs it all out. I suppose I could write a post or two about why so many people feel perfectly comfortable showing scenes of graphic violence, but not nudity (not even sex, just nudity).

As a long-time fan of William S. Burroughs, I appreciated this story about a young man who stumbles on a new high with a terrible price. Frankly, I don’t know why the producers even placed the nudity in this film, since it doesn’t really add anything to the story. There’s a nice Naked Lunch moment (“a frozen moment when everyone sees what is on the end of every fork”) and we know enough about the main character to understand his reluctance to try the Tap. But in the end, it’s another predictable reversal of fortune.

As always, you can check it out on Fewdio. And if you want to support the people who make these films, consider picking up the DVD collection, Nightmare House.

No comments: